INDEX – which stands of International Design Exhibition – just announced their category winners. You can check them out here. The theme was the ever-popularizing “sustainable design;” products that not only look great, but improve our quality of life. Below are pictures, not necessarily of winners, but of my personal favorites from the top nominees. I question whether some of thise will perform as intended, but they certainly look nice.
The INDEX top nominated designs will be on display in central Copenhagen through September 23.
$176 l”one laptop per child” attempts to make learning more accessible to third world countries.
A chair made with environmentally friendly material by Peter Hiort-Lorenzen & Johannes Foersom (Denmark)
Design for differentiated teaching and creative thinking by Rosan Bosch & Rune Fjord Jensen(Denmark)
Trending this week
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional