INDEX – which stands of International Design Exhibition – just announced their category winners. You can check them out here. The theme was the ever-popularizing “sustainable design;” products that not only look great, but improve our quality of life. Below are pictures, not necessarily of winners, but of my personal favorites from the top nominees. I question whether some of thise will perform as intended, but they certainly look nice.
The INDEX top nominated designs will be on display in central Copenhagen through September 23.
$176 l”one laptop per child” attempts to make learning more accessible to third world countries.
A chair made with environmentally friendly material by Peter Hiort-Lorenzen & Johannes Foersom (Denmark)
Design for differentiated teaching and creative thinking by Rosan Bosch & Rune Fjord Jensen(Denmark)
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Photographing the many faces of Mt. Fuji