the invasion of patchwork…and I love it!
Patchwork is funny. It’s like the Sacha Baron Cohen of fabric. Everywhere it goes it stirs people up and they either love it or hate it! Patchwork has always been around but just recently I’ve noticed an influx of patchwork within our visual culture. It could very well be that I just caught sight of a small pool of brands, but let me show you what I mean… here are some examples (from mainstream to not so):
I can’t help but recall an incident earlier this year when a certain controversial patchwork bag was unleashed onto us; the Louis Vuitton Tribute Patchwork Bag that retailed for $42,000. For those of you who missed the story, no I don’t have an extra digit in that number. The bag is made up of 15 different previous LV bag styles and only 24 were made. But wouldn’t it be rad if the whole patchwork fad ignited from here!?!? I know, I’m such a glutton for conspiracy.
The LV Tribute Patchwork Bag
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- te + te: New Handmade [curated by Spoon & Tamago]