New Extension for Tate Modern
Earlier this month, visuals were released for the widely anticipated extension of Britain’s Tate Modern. Check out the renderings by architects Herzog and de Meuron.
I find the exterior a bit frightening. Doesn’t it look like something out of a futuristic novel in which a dictator has taken control of all mankind and is constantly monitoring their every move? That’s what I picture a ruthless dictator’s castle to look like.
Although the exterior has been decided on, the museum has opened up the stage to the public for ideas on the interior. They’ve established a blog, the great tate mod blog, in which you can send in pictures of your favorite spaces. To what extent they are going to consider ideas from us common folk is unknown. Nevertheless, sounds like fun! Check out the blog HERE.
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida