lamps and tables and chairs, oh my!
Wow, so much is going on! Even though I’m still going over all the magnificent work that was exhibited during Brooklyn Designs last weekend, the ICFF is approaching oh so quickly… quickly as in this weekend!
I’m really proud of all the Japanese designers that are making their way over this year. I think this year has the potentialcould be mistaken but this year could be the strongest showing from the Japanese! Here are some things to look forward to.
HIDA actually refers to an ancient Japanese society of wood-working artisans who were commissioned by the government to construct various temples and other architectural buildings. In other words, a 1300-year old art of wood-working that has been passed down through the ages…that is pretty awesome.
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional