I’m starting my memorial day weekend early, but I have a very special post for you before I end my weekend. Makoto Azuma is an artist who I have been following for some time now. I love his work and I am very excited to announce his upcoming exhibition at NRW Forum. Granted it’s in Germany and I won’t be able to attend, it’s still very exciting.
Take a look at some of his past work for a taste of what’s to come!
Shiki Formula (2005) click to enlarge
Damned Ikebana (2006) click to enlarge
(all images courtesy of stemandcookie.com)
I first found out about Azuma when I did a translation gig for this article (which provides some good background for those unfamiliar with the artist). I can’t wait to see images from this show!
All right, hope everyone has a memorable memorial day weekend!
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container