Weekend House Alley | Chiba Manabu
Architect Chiba Manabu recently completed Weekend Alley House, a multi-purpose commercial space on the waterfront in Kamakura. The structure is divided into 7 different buildings, helping to create a feeling of openness that is consistent with the ocean around it.
As far as I understand, the complex is now fully populated with shops, restaurants, cafes and even a hair salon. For anyone looking to get out of Tokyo for the weekend it sounds like a pretty nice excursion to me.
I like how each passageway is its own pair of binoculars, highlighting a unique view of the ocean depending on which way you turn. Standing in the center it almost reminds you of a compass.
(Images courtesy of chibamanabu.jp)
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai