Atelier Bow-Wow | Small Case Study House
Atelier Bow-Wow, who I featured in my contemporary Japanese Architects write-up, is having their first solo show in the States! Awesome.
“Small Case Study House” is currently on display at the Gallery at Redcat in LA. The concept of the show is to rethink environmentally sustainable low cost housing. The nyt blog the moment takes a closer look and points out the parallels between their prototypes and traditional Japanese teahouses.
images courtesy of Steven A. Gunther
New Yorkers sit tight! We’ll get our fair share of Atelier Bow-Wowness when they take on the spatial design of KRAZY, another exhibit on Japanese Anime & Manga, going up in March at the Japan Society.
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- te + te: New Handmade [curated by Spoon & Tamago]