Atelier Bow-Wow | Small Case Study House
Atelier Bow-Wow, who I featured in my contemporary Japanese Architects write-up, is having their first solo show in the States! Awesome.
“Small Case Study House” is currently on display at the Gallery at Redcat in LA. The concept of the show is to rethink environmentally sustainable low cost housing. The nyt blog the moment takes a closer look and points out the parallels between their prototypes and traditional Japanese teahouses.
images courtesy of Steven A. Gunther
New Yorkers sit tight! We’ll get our fair share of Atelier Bow-Wowness when they take on the spatial design of KRAZY, another exhibit on Japanese Anime & Manga, going up in March at the Japan Society.
Trending this week
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- 151E | a new tea destination in Fukuoka