An interesting show opened up at Issey Miyake’s 21_21 Design Sight last week. U-Tsu-Wa is an homage to the craftsmen, featuring the work of the inovative potters Lucie Rie (Austria) and Jennifer Lee (Scotland), as well as the work of woodworker Ernst Gamperl (Germany).
While paying homage to these crafts steeped in history and tradition, the show is more about looking into the future; a meditation on how we continue to interact with these crafts.
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container