An interesting show opened up at Issey Miyake’s 21_21 Design Sight last week. U-Tsu-Wa is an homage to the craftsmen, featuring the work of the inovative potters Lucie Rie (Austria) and Jennifer Lee (Scotland), as well as the work of woodworker Ernst Gamperl (Germany).
While paying homage to these crafts steeped in history and tradition, the show is more about looking into the future; a meditation on how we continue to interact with these crafts.
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Photographing the many faces of Mt. Fuji