An interesting show opened up at Issey Miyake’s 21_21 Design Sight last week. U-Tsu-Wa is an homage to the craftsmen, featuring the work of the inovative potters Lucie Rie (Austria) and Jennifer Lee (Scotland), as well as the work of woodworker Ernst Gamperl (Germany).
While paying homage to these crafts steeped in history and tradition, the show is more about looking into the future; a meditation on how we continue to interact with these crafts.
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees