I love this packaging and typography for Yaoki shochu (potato liquor). It was designed after the okiagari-koboshi, one of those rolly-polly dolls that rolls back up every time you push it down.
Here’s your Japanese lesson for the day. The name Yaoki (八起 – getting up 8 times) comes from an old saying, nanakorobi yaoki (七転び八起 – falling down 7 times, getting up 8 times) and essentially encourages high spirits; getting up no matter how many times you fall down.
Anyway, cool design by Dentsu Kyushu.
via 08 pentawards
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist