I love this packaging and typography for Yaoki shochu (potato liquor). It was designed after the okiagari-koboshi, one of those rolly-polly dolls that rolls back up every time you push it down.
Here’s your Japanese lesson for the day. The name Yaoki (八起 – getting up 8 times) comes from an old saying, nanakorobi yaoki (七転び八起 – falling down 7 times, getting up 8 times) and essentially encourages high spirits; getting up no matter how many times you fall down.
Anyway, cool design by Dentsu Kyushu.
via 08 pentawards
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table