I love this packaging and typography for Yaoki shochu (potato liquor). It was designed after the okiagari-koboshi, one of those rolly-polly dolls that rolls back up every time you push it down.
Here’s your Japanese lesson for the day. The name Yaoki (八起 – getting up 8 times) comes from an old saying, nanakorobi yaoki (七転び八起 – falling down 7 times, getting up 8 times) and essentially encourages high spirits; getting up no matter how many times you fall down.
Anyway, cool design by Dentsu Kyushu.
via 08 pentawards
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai