…to SANAA (Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa) for being selected by London’s Serpentine Gallery to design its yearly summer pavilion. Last year was Frank Gehry, and before that was Olafur Eliasson in 2007 and Rem Koolhaas in 2006.
Talk about a tough act to follow. I’m sure they’ll be awesome!
Towada Art Center by Ryue Nishizawa
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist