…to SANAA (Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa) for being selected by London’s Serpentine Gallery to design its yearly summer pavilion. Last year was Frank Gehry, and before that was Olafur Eliasson in 2007 and Rem Koolhaas in 2006.
Talk about a tough act to follow. I’m sure they’ll be awesome!
Towada Art Center by Ryue Nishizawa
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida