Looking for some bookshelf inspiration? Look no further than shibuya publishing boksellers. The bookstore/publisher/study opened in early 2008 in Tokyo. Their myriad display of bookshelves and books are stunning. And what I also thought was neat was the way the books are organized – by period. But not by when they were published, but by subject matter. So a recently published book on Keith Haring would most likely be on the same shelf as Salman Rushdie’s The Moor’s Last Sigh (1995).
Trending this week
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein