packaging design for kanpyo udon
I love how this new packaging design for udon noodles is both cutesy and luxurious at the same time. It’s for a new type of udon that uses fiber-enhancing dried gourd shavings as an addition to the typically flour-only recipe. Japanese designer nosigner took on the task of giving this new product an identity that plays up its obscurity, while maintaining the integrity and seniority of the dish…insanity! Ha, 5 ity’s in one sentence!
The new noodles are set to hit stores in June 2009!
Photos by Masaharu Hatta
UPDATE | May 18, 2009
The packaging design for kanpyo udon just won a coveted iF Design Award! Congratulations!
UPDATE | October 7, 2009
The packaging design for kanpyo udon just won best of show in the food category of the even more coveted Pentawards 2009! YAY
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida