ICFF 2009 Japan booth
I wasn’t able to make it to ICFF this year but design*sponge does a good job covering it if you are interested. They even have a post dedicated to the Japan booth, which is worth checking out. One notable entry is this beautiful humidifier by Japanese paper artist Miyuki Yoshida.
The “Misty Garden” comes in a porcelain dish and the leaves, which double as water filters, are a conduit for dispersion, releasing into the air 15 x more than the amount of moisture created from leaving a cup of water out. Another perk is that it requires zero energy! You just water it like you were watering a plant. It was created for Mikuni Corp and is slated to go on sale July 10.
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees