Setouchi International Art Festival
A kind Gentleman from the Kagawa prefectural government in Japan emailed me the other day to tell me about their Setouchi International Art Festival in 2010. They’re accepting proposals through August 31st! If selected your work will be joined by the likes of French artist Christian Boltanski, Spanish sculptor Jaume Plensa, hermetic – yet renowned - Japanese artist Shinro Ohtake (who’s major retrospective I was lucky enough to attend back in ’06), as well as some emerging artists such as Chiharu Shiota, who I wrote about HERE.
So enter your work in the festival and hopefully you will be able to take a trip down to Kagawa, home of some pretty great site-specific work such as Yayoi Kusama’s pumpkin and Ando Tadao’s Chichu Art Museum!
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji