Setouchi International Art Festival
A kind Gentleman from the Kagawa prefectural government in Japan emailed me the other day to tell me about their Setouchi International Art Festival in 2010. They’re accepting proposals through August 31st! If selected your work will be joined by the likes of French artist Christian Boltanski, Spanish sculptor Jaume Plensa, hermetic – yet renowned - Japanese artist Shinro Ohtake (who’s major retrospective I was lucky enough to attend back in ’06), as well as some emerging artists such as Chiharu Shiota, who I wrote about HERE.
So enter your work in the festival and hopefully you will be able to take a trip down to Kagawa, home of some pretty great site-specific work such as Yayoi Kusama’s pumpkin and Ando Tadao’s Chichu Art Museum!
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist