Mobile Dining by Nobuhiro Teshima
Nobuhiro Teshima of Atelier OPA has created an expandable Mobile Dining unit that can have you ready for unexpected guests… all 8 of them! Designed for a Japanese home in which floor seating is most common, the compact unit expands and contracts to accommodate even the smallest of spaces. Fantastic!
Here’s a demo video that was created for the 2011 James Dyson Awards, in which the Mobile Dining unit made it into the Top 15.
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table
- Photos from Japan’s 2014 Cherry Blossom Season