baby in table by Oji Masanori
I’m always on the lookout for awesome kid furniture and this is my recent obsession; “baby in table” by Oji Masanori. It was completed in late 2008 and is part of OTOMO, a joint project between Japanese furniture maker Toa Ringyo and Sincol, an importer of Italian upholstery.
The beauty of this table is in the way it adapts to a growing family. At first it’s a baby chair and a table, then it’s a table that also holds books. And the chair doubles as a stepping stool. I can just picture little huey drawing while his baby sister sits in the table watching him (she can stare at her big brother for hours and be content).
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist