f,l,o,w,e,r,s flower ruler
Sorry about the confusing title. I really have no excuse.
So, perhaps the single most beautiful piece of stationery I have ever come across is finally available for purchase. f,l,o,w,e,r,s (16,800 yen) by Norihiko Terayama of Studio Note is an acrylic ruler with embedded real flowers that are “blossoming” at exactly 1cm intervals. Each flower was hand-picked and dried by the designer, therefore making each ruler unique. Absolutely stunning. You can purchase it in Japan or abroad.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Internet Cats are Reborn as Embroideries Peeking Out of Shirts
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist