Japan Brand: The Wish List | Felissimo Design House
On Monday I went to go check out the opening reception of JAPAN BRAND: The Wish List pop-up shop at Felissimo’s headquarters in midtown Manhattan. The show runs through December 24th and is a must-see for anyone scouring the market for unique gifts. The impressive lineup is suitable for all budgets, and I mean all. Prices start in the single digits for exquisite washi-paper mailing cards and go as high as $18,000 for an amazing bicycle designed by Alexander Gelman and hand-lacquered by the Yamanaka Urushi masters of Ishikawa Prefecture.
Japan Brand: The Wish List
Felissimo Design House
10 West 56th St, New York
Only until December 24
One of the highlights for me was seeing some pieces from the Nippon Sense collection, a masterfully designed series of furniture that was a collaborative effort between the Japanese and Italians.
Alexander Gelman‘s urushi bicycle
Monacca bags hand-crafted from environmentally sustainable Yanase cedar sheets harvested in Kochi Prefecture.
Also, be sure to check their website for upcoming events through the end of this month and into December that include tempting hands-on sake tasting, a cooking demo from Nobu chef Akiko Thurnauer and much more.
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji