Hisashi Narita at Gallery YORI
This sounds really interesting and perhaps worth a trip. Shiseido Art Director by day and installation artist by night, Hisashi Narita (aka Cue-chan) will be holding a show at Gallery Yori between December 12 – 27. Narita primarily uses textiles in his work and his previous shows, “Bedroom Exhibition” and “Ishoku” (both 2008) were both highly tactile and engaged the viewers in a dialogue concerning clothing as costume.
His upcoming show is curiously titled “My Closet Only Opens Once Every 2 Years.” There’s not much information available on the gallery website but here is what the invite looks like.
PS this may sound kind of shallow, but I like it when artists put a little thought into the title of their exhibition.
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees