New Work by Shigeru Ban |House at Hanegi Park and Ovaless House
Check out these 2 new projects from Japanese starchitect Shigeru Ban. Here in New York his name is synonymous with his Shutter House project in West Chelsea, his first condo to be built in the U.S. It received a ton of attention when it originally hit the wire back in 2007 (see here, here, here and here), and understandably so. The homes are beautiful. Back in his home town he has been working quietly on these 2 new residential projects. But don’t be fooled. They are not-at-all quiet in appearance.
OVALESS HOUSE, Fukushima, Japan
I can’t believe it’s already Christmas eve! I guess I’ll be off on Friday. But I’m really looking forward to next week when I plan to share the top Spoon & Tamago posts of 2009. It will be interesting to see if I am able to cohesivly wrap up and make sense of the year, or if it will end up being a flower-chain of chaotic mess. I wish everyone a happy holiday and hope you will join me next week for the last couple posts of 2009!
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist