Grass Roof House by Studio PRANA
One last home, I promise. And then I will get to our top posts of 2009. I’m like a toddler whose tantrum was being allowed to run its course, I know. But that’s what I love about having my own blog.
In my last post I fortuitously came across the architecture firm Studio PRANA, while searching for images of Terunobu Fujiyoshi’s new work. A bit of digging unearthed this awesome Grass Roof House, conveniently located in Musashino, Tokyo. (That’s where my parents live and where I spent 15 years of my life! Yay!)
How awesome would it be to pick fruit from your balcony and then climb up on to your roof and eat it while lying on grass. Doesn’t sound like Tokyo to me. The next time I go back I’m going on a treasure hunt for this home.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein