Secret Bar | Roku Nana (六七)
If you happen to be in a romantic and inconspicuous mood, a combination I can’t say I encounter often, head over to Roku Nana, a new secret bar that just opened up in Roppongi. Nestled between buildings, Roku Nana made claim to the 3rd floor and a strategically situated rooftop that affords views of Roppongi Hills and Tokyo Tower. Literally 6 7, the bar takes its name from the address (Roppongi 7th ward), the only thing that will help you find the place because there are no signs. Just an address and telephone number.
Roku Nana was designed by Yasumichi Morita whose firm Glamorous, if the name didn’t tip you off, has a taste for flamboyant décor that straddles a delicate balance between classy and corny. The bar is a follow-up to imoarai, his previous secret bar in Roppongi.
Verde Roppongi 3F
7-16-11 Roppongi, Minato-ku
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Internet Cats are Reborn as Embroideries Peeking Out of Shirts
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist