Opening Ceremony in Tokyo by Jamo Associates
All images by kozo takayama | click to enlarge
Last summer the multifaceted indie fashion retailer Opening Ceremony opened their Tokyo flagship store to much acclaim. Their first venture outside the US was anything but modest – an 8-level “mini mall” in the middle of Shibuya. And Jamo Associates – the go-to-guys for store design in Japan – have finally uploaded official pictures of their work.
The verdict? If flamingos, lamas, floating chairs and florescent mannequins are your thing, go now. If you like walking through IKEA’s showroom, go now. And if you haven’t been there yet, go now. This is a freakin fashion amusement park; a must-see especially if you are interested in store/window display design.
By the way, this exhaustive set of pictures are in hierarchical order – from FL 1 to FL 8.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein