Because I mentioned ceramics yesterday, I thought I would finish off the week with 2 more posts on ceramics that have been in sitting in my backlog. Koishiwara Pottery is the brainchild of Tomoko Nagao, self-proclaimed food coordinator and head Vege Mania. The project is a collaboration between her and 15 different kilns. Their motto is in the spirit of Kitaoji Rosanjin: tableware that makes food taste better.
The images are a few of my favorites, selected from their latest lineup. Clean lines and beautiful forms are always a turn-on for me.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist