Because I mentioned ceramics yesterday, I thought I would finish off the week with 2 more posts on ceramics that have been in sitting in my backlog. Koishiwara Pottery is the brainchild of Tomoko Nagao, self-proclaimed food coordinator and head Vege Mania. The project is a collaboration between her and 15 different kilns. Their motto is in the spirit of Kitaoji Rosanjin: tableware that makes food taste better.
The images are a few of my favorites, selected from their latest lineup. Clean lines and beautiful forms are always a turn-on for me.
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist