Sapporo Design Week 2010
While Tokyo was busy with their festivities, the northern folk have also been partying it up at Sapporo Design Week, which ran parallel to its Honshu counterpart. Although I never cover it in much extent, I do love their logo, which may serve as an impetus to providing more coverage.
It was designed by Mr. Morikawa of Terashima Design, a graphic design firm headquartered in Sapporo. The theme of this year’s event was “party” and, using only semicircles, the designer has created a quilt-like pattern that spells out the word.
PS Both festivities have now ended. Yesterday was the last day but stay tuned as we have some exclusive coverage from the Tokyo side.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein