Sapporo Design Week 2010
While Tokyo was busy with their festivities, the northern folk have also been partying it up at Sapporo Design Week, which ran parallel to its Honshu counterpart. Although I never cover it in much extent, I do love their logo, which may serve as an impetus to providing more coverage.
It was designed by Mr. Morikawa of Terashima Design, a graphic design firm headquartered in Sapporo. The theme of this year’s event was “party” and, using only semicircles, the designer has created a quilt-like pattern that spells out the word.
PS Both festivities have now ended. Yesterday was the last day but stay tuned as we have some exclusive coverage from the Tokyo side.
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container