Trick by Sakura Adachi
I love this multi-purpose bookcase which, by removing the two chairs at each end, doubles as a table. Although I would find the most use for it somewhere in the middle; housing books while also functioning as a table and chairs.
It was designed by Milan-based Japanese designer Sakura Adachi and was shown during Milan Design Week 2010. It was designed for Italian furniture company Campeggi, whom Adachi has worked with on more than one occasion.
The “Trick” bookcase is a continuation of Adachi’s work in exploring creative and unconventional book shelving, such as “Cave,” which was inspired by her fascination with pigeons and their ability to create their own nooks in virtually any space.
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table
- Photos from Japan’s 2014 Cherry Blossom Season
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style