CHICO by Atelier KUU
Nobuo Kumazara, of Atelier Kuu, is the architect and designer behind many serene and modern spaces from beauty salons, chapels, dentist offices and CHICO – a store created for people and their design discerning pooch. Created with dogs in mind, the dog house motif is incorporated throughout the store located in Shizuoka, Japan.
Truly designed with the dog in mind, it has a doghouse shaped portal out to a grassy area where your dog can run around or relax while its owner finishes the shopping.
This isn’t Atelier Kuu‘s first work for pets – BOWWOWLAND is a pet hotel created back in 2006. As an architectural and dog buff, this is a perfect match for ‘man’ and “man’s best friend.” I’m looking forward to Nobuo Kumazara’s next pet and human friendly work.
[pictures courtesy Atelier Kuu]
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table
- Photos from Japan’s 2014 Cherry Blossom Season
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style