CHICO by Atelier KUU
Nobuo Kumazara, of Atelier Kuu, is the architect and designer behind many serene and modern spaces from beauty salons, chapels, dentist offices and CHICO – a store created for people and their design discerning pooch. Created with dogs in mind, the dog house motif is incorporated throughout the store located in Shizuoka, Japan.
Truly designed with the dog in mind, it has a doghouse shaped portal out to a grassy area where your dog can run around or relax while its owner finishes the shopping.
This isn’t Atelier Kuu‘s first work for pets – BOWWOWLAND is a pet hotel created back in 2006. As an architectural and dog buff, this is a perfect match for ‘man’ and “man’s best friend.” I’m looking forward to Nobuo Kumazara’s next pet and human friendly work.
[pictures courtesy Atelier Kuu]
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Internet Cats are Reborn as Embroideries Peeking Out of Shirts
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist