NAGI by Mikiya Kobayashi
Mikiya Kobayashi has designed a new line of furniture for Tokushima-based furniture company Fuji Furniture. The first items to appear in the new NAGI line are a set of chairs and dining room table, which were on display at their Tokyo showroom through yesterday and are currently making their way to the Osaka showroom where they will be on display on February 16th and 17th.
Fuji Furniture is known, stylistically, for their Scandinavian-inspired modern furniture and, technologically, for their capabilities in molding plywood. I love how Kobayashi has preserved and taken advantage of those characteristics while adding another layer of retro style. While the table and chairs obviously go well together, I would also be interested in seeing how they interact with some vintage furniture.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein