Animal Balloon Typography
Ever have that urge to spell something out, not just in balloons but, in animal balloons? Now you can thanks to the Animal Font iphone app. It comes with a message function, which lets you write out a message and send it to friends via email, as well as an interactive “shaker” function that lets you create ambient sounds based on different letters and words.
But embedded within its childish playfulness is a slightly more serious theme. By using an inherently delicate medium such as balloons, says Takashi Kawada – who created the app last year – I wanted to remind people that there are ecosystems that are undergoing severe changes and, in some cases, facing extinction, due to climate change.
The balloon art was created by Rie Hosokai while the sounds were done by Tokyo-based composer Leo Sato. Through September they are donating 100% of sales from the app to disaster relief. Get the app here ($1.99) or here (¥230).
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji