Evolution Eraser by Hiroyuki Shiratori
Japanese product design label h concept (you remember cupmen, of course) just announced several new products and one that caught my eye was this evolution eraser (315 yen). It was designed by Hiroyuki Shiratori, who shares a funny story behind the idea. He was studying German language but his awful grammar forced him to use his eraser more than he would have liked. Having grown tired of the mundane act of erasing, he decided to create an eraser that “evolved” the more you use it.
Start from the ape and work your way towards human, or start from human and work your way backwards. Imagine the repercussions if you sent your child to an ultra-conservative school with one of these!
You can request to purchase one here.
source: h concept blog
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist