If you’re looking for a conversation starter for your next cocktail party or comparable social gathering, leave the designer handbag at home. Instead, opt-in for carrying your cell phone and other small belongings in this Hokke Case. Hokke is a popular grilled fish – atka mackerel to be exact (although I had to look it up) – and is often served up in Japanese-style pubs. The best part is, the exterior is just the dried fish but it opens to reveal a cooked and served version!
mmmm… making me hungry.
Spotted over at Ito Manufacturing, which just sells a whole bunch of oddities and chotchkies.
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida