If you’re looking for a conversation starter for your next cocktail party or comparable social gathering, leave the designer handbag at home. Instead, opt-in for carrying your cell phone and other small belongings in this Hokke Case. Hokke is a popular grilled fish – atka mackerel to be exact (although I had to look it up) – and is often served up in Japanese-style pubs. The best part is, the exterior is just the dried fish but it opens to reveal a cooked and served version!
mmmm… making me hungry.
Spotted over at Ito Manufacturing, which just sells a whole bunch of oddities and chotchkies.
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table
- Photos from Japan’s 2014 Cherry Blossom Season
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style