If you’re looking for a conversation starter for your next cocktail party or comparable social gathering, leave the designer handbag at home. Instead, opt-in for carrying your cell phone and other small belongings in this Hokke Case. Hokke is a popular grilled fish – atka mackerel to be exact (although I had to look it up) – and is often served up in Japanese-style pubs. The best part is, the exterior is just the dried fish but it opens to reveal a cooked and served version!
mmmm… making me hungry.
Spotted over at Ito Manufacturing, which just sells a whole bunch of oddities and chotchkies.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist