We’ve previously posted an illustration by Tatsuro Kikuchi, but wanted to share more charming works by him. Tatsuro Kiuchi was born in Tokyo and attended International Christian University in Tokyo – studying biology. He started his art career when he moved to the US and attended the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California; where he graduated with distinction. He started out illustrating children’s books in the US and Japan. His fun and colorful illustrations have gained a large fan base and has been commissioned to do work for the Royal Mail, Starbucks (and this), and Toyota to name a few.
While the the color illustrations are vibrant and fun, I really enjoy his monochromatic series as well. There’s something very serene about them.
Here’s one last fun stereo pair (3d) piece.
quick how to
Tatsuro is also featured in a iPhone/iPad app that is available for FREE(!) at the iTunes App Store: Art Tails – Art Books by World Creators for Japan.
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees