We’ve previously posted an illustration by Tatsuro Kikuchi, but wanted to share more charming works by him. Tatsuro Kiuchi was born in Tokyo and attended International Christian University in Tokyo – studying biology. He started his art career when he moved to the US and attended the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California; where he graduated with distinction. He started out illustrating children’s books in the US and Japan. His fun and colorful illustrations have gained a large fan base and has been commissioned to do work for the Royal Mail, Starbucks (and this), and Toyota to name a few.
While the the color illustrations are vibrant and fun, I really enjoy his monochromatic series as well. There’s something very serene about them.
Here’s one last fun stereo pair (3d) piece.
quick how to
Tatsuro is also featured in a iPhone/iPad app that is available for FREE(!) at the iTunes App Store: Art Tails – Art Books by World Creators for Japan.
Trending this week
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- 151E | a new tea destination in Fukuoka