Kyusu and Yunomi by Koji Yano
Koji Yano of 83 Design (previously) has recently created this adorable and utterly elegant teapot (kyusu) and teacup (yunomi) combo. And, is if it wasn’t enough, as a maker of ceramics myself I have a soft spot for all things clay.
Free from extraneous ornamentation, these pieces, which were co-developed with potters working in the sansuke-yaki style - indigenous to the Toyama region of Japan – are quite perfect if you ask me. Although modern and contemporary, the subtle and rich color is made from traditional techniques using only clay and glaze produced from local nature.
The pieces were on display at Tent London last month.
source: 83 Design’s blog
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional