Kyusu and Yunomi by Koji Yano
Koji Yano of 83 Design (previously) has recently created this adorable and utterly elegant teapot (kyusu) and teacup (yunomi) combo. And, is if it wasn’t enough, as a maker of ceramics myself I have a soft spot for all things clay.
Free from extraneous ornamentation, these pieces, which were co-developed with potters working in the sansuke-yaki style - indigenous to the Toyama region of Japan – are quite perfect if you ask me. Although modern and contemporary, the subtle and rich color is made from traditional techniques using only clay and glaze produced from local nature.
The pieces were on display at Tent London last month.
source: 83 Design’s blog
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist