Kyusu and Yunomi by Koji Yano
Koji Yano of 83 Design (previously) has recently created this adorable and utterly elegant teapot (kyusu) and teacup (yunomi) combo. And, is if it wasn’t enough, as a maker of ceramics myself I have a soft spot for all things clay.
Free from extraneous ornamentation, these pieces, which were co-developed with potters working in the sansuke-yaki style - indigenous to the Toyama region of Japan – are quite perfect if you ask me. Although modern and contemporary, the subtle and rich color is made from traditional techniques using only clay and glaze produced from local nature.
The pieces were on display at Tent London last month.
source: 83 Design’s blog
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN