Handmade wooden tableware by Takashi Tomii
I don’t do gift guides anymore but if I did, these would certainly be on the list! Takashi Tomii is an artisan based in Kyoto and creates stunning wooden tableware out of solid pieces of wood that he hand-picks. I love how the hand of the artist is so apparent in the etchings and carvings of each of his pieces.
You can buy some of his tableware through Mjolk, who just happens to be the first non-Japan retailer to carry his work (each image linked to product page)!
Popular this week
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Kazuki Yamamoto takes latte art to the next frontier
- Coil by Akihisa Hirata | a house shaped like the letter S
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Desktop gardening | ienami is a house shaped planter for your desk
- 3D Printed Accessories by MONOCIRCUS