Kinoishi wooden rocks by Taku Satoh
I’m always on the lookout for nice wooden toys for the kids. But who would have thought the most spectacular was also the most simple? Largely self-explanatory (but indulge me anyway), Kinoishi – literally, wooden rocks – are a bag of tactile wood pellets sanded so soft they resemble polished stones one might find washed up on shore.
You can stack them, you can draw with them or you can just cradle them in your hands. There are no rules to this game.
Source: Taku Satoh’s website
Popular this week
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Kazuki Yamamoto takes latte art to the next frontier
- Coil by Akihisa Hirata | a house shaped like the letter S
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- 3D Printed Accessories by MONOCIRCUS
- Desktop gardening | ienami is a house shaped planter for your desk