Maruyama House by Atelier Sano
I’m kind of in love with this house by Takahiko Sano of Atelier Sano. I love the cubic structure, the large windows and how it takes in both the cityscape and the mountainous greenery of its surroundings. As it turns out, the location – the foot of a mountain – was just perfect for creating an ambiguous buffer between the outdoors and indoors.
Completed back in May, Enyama House is the architect’s latest work. Photos were just recently released.
I’ve been seeing a lot of awesome architecture coming out of Hokkaido recently and it’s making me want to move there!
Source: Atelier Sano’s blog
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist