Table of Secret Compartments | Kai Table by Naoki Hirakoso and Takamitsu Hirataka
This is one of those times my posts come in twins. Kai Table is an incredible piece of craftsmanship by Naoki Hirakoso and Takamitsu Hirataka . While presenting itself as a seemingly seamless rectangular low table, multiple pieces unfold, slide out and pull out to reveal secret cupboards and drawers. It reminds me a bit of Takeshi Miyakawa’s Fractal chest of drawers.
The custom-designed table is available for purchase (600,000 yen; ≈ $7,800 ) but due to its complexity it has to be custom-made and will require several weeks for completion.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Ayako Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein
- Internet Cats are Reborn as Embroideries Peeking Out of Shirts
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist