Kiddy Shonan C/X by Makoto Tanijiri
What a cool daycare space. Kiddy Shonan C/X (C-Cross) opened last year in the Shonan bayside area of Kanagawa. Designed by Makoto Tanijiri (Suppose Design Office) the space features numerous houses under a single wide-open space. Each house is designated for a certain activity – art, music and dance. Even the bathrooms are housed within their own house. The individual spaces come together to form a miniature community, helping to foster a sense of citizenship, as well as stimulating curiosity and sensibilities.
Kiddy Shonan is located (Gmap) on the 2nd floor of the Ozawa Takagi building, a short walk from Tsujido Station.
source: Suppose Design Office website
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story