Kiddy Shonan C/X by Makoto Tanijiri
What a cool daycare space. Kiddy Shonan C/X (C-Cross) opened last year in the Shonan bayside area of Kanagawa. Designed by Makoto Tanijiri (Suppose Design Office) the space features numerous houses under a single wide-open space. Each house is designated for a certain activity – art, music and dance. Even the bathrooms are housed within their own house. The individual spaces come together to form a miniature community, helping to foster a sense of citizenship, as well as stimulating curiosity and sensibilities.
Kiddy Shonan is located (Gmap) on the 2nd floor of the Ozawa Takagi building, a short walk from Tsujido Station.
source: Suppose Design Office website
Trending this week
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- The Secret World of Japanese University Cafeterias
- Creative Chocolate Ideas from Japan
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees