Saturday 3/10 | Ippo x 365 – Reflections on the Japanese Front
Please join us this Saturday (March 10th) for “Ippo x 365 – Reflections on the Japanese Front.” I’ll be moderating the event, which will consist of an excellent group of speakers – designers and architects – who have been involved in the first year of recovery effort on the frontlines in Japan.
This event will be a response to the “Global PechaKucha Night- Inspire Japan” event that archiPicnic successfully hosted last year.
What has happened since then? Where are we now? In the first year of Japan’s recovery, how have designers and architects been able to address the massive damage in the cities, villages and buildings? Each day has been a step towards recovery and rebuilding–what were these 365 steps like in Japan?
Saturday, March 10, 2012
6:30 PM Doors open
7:00 PM-9:00 PM Presentation
9:30 PM Doors closed
Lance Jay Brown, FAIA, DPACSA
Joshua Perez, OpenSimSim
Owen Rosa, Sojitz Corporation of America
Yutaka Takiura AIA Designer, Design Class Instructor, Community Builder
Ailin Todo Shigeru Ban Architects
Mio Uchida Hope for Japan
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein