New Wire Works by Masao Seki
Artist Masao Seki (previously) just wrapped up a solo exhibition at the Kamakura-based antique shop Five From The Ground. The hosts were kind enough to send over some shots of the exhibition, which are gorgeous.
I’m a huge fan of Seki’s minimal wire sculptures that are infused with charm and whimsy. As delicate as they seem, each is full of expressive vitality and spirit, as if they are frozen, waiting – with anticipation – for someone to flip their switch back on. I would love to see these pieces as part of a stop-motion film.
The shop owners are accepting international orders. All you have to do is contact them with the product you want.
Popular this week
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Kazuki Yamamoto takes latte art to the next frontier
- Coil by Akihisa Hirata | a house shaped like the letter S
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- 3D Printed Accessories by MONOCIRCUS
- Desktop gardening | ienami is a house shaped planter for your desk