Link Roundup of April Fools Internet Pranks in Japan | 2012
Here’s a roundup of links to April Fool’s internet pranks in Japan on April 1, 2012 or, as some refer to it, the day when the internet is very annoying:
- Forget keyboards. All you need is the space bar! Google Japan announces new language input system using morse code.
- AU announces latest smartphone: MAKYU – designed by fictional baseball coach Hoshi Ittetsu (of Kyojin no Hoshi).
- Dragon Quest’s Dragon King announces he has successfully taken over the world. His influence has already reached google maps. More on this development here. In related news, a dragon has established a military fort in offshore Africa.
- Sky Tree to offer world’s highest bungee jump
- Eiga.com, now in Chinese.
- Graphic designers launch new ad campaign
Trending this week
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Nendo featured in lifestyle magazine PEN
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container