Ichiro company catalog | Japanese creative book design
As a follow-up to my previous post – a roundup of some fantastic book designs I’ve come across recently – I wanted to devote a single post to the breathtakingly gorgeous 2012 – 2013 company catalog for Ichiro, a maker of decorative plywood whose name, when written in English, will be most-likely be confused with the baseball player. Designed by the Irobe Design Institute, the book speaks for itself. Quite literally, the pages are brimming with colors as bright and saturated as life itself.
If you’ll recall, one of the company’s latest products is this colorful dollhouse-like workspace.
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida