Ichiro company catalog | Japanese creative book design
As a follow-up to my previous post – a roundup of some fantastic book designs I’ve come across recently – I wanted to devote a single post to the breathtakingly gorgeous 2012 – 2013 company catalog for Ichiro, a maker of decorative plywood whose name, when written in English, will be most-likely be confused with the baseball player. Designed by the Irobe Design Institute, the book speaks for itself. Quite literally, the pages are brimming with colors as bright and saturated as life itself.
If you’ll recall, one of the company’s latest products is this colorful dollhouse-like workspace.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein