100% Chocolate Cafe
If you’re heading to Tokyo’s latest landmark, Tokyo Sky Tree, you’ll also have a chance to satisfy both your sweet tooth and your design tooth by making a pit-stop at 100% Chocolate Café. The “chocolate kitchen” is located within Solamachi (“sky town”), a retail complex adjacent to Japan’s tallest structure and the 2nd tallest structure in the world. The café, designed by Wonderwall, features an open kitchen that would make even Willy Wonka proud. Visitors can watch the process of sweets being made through a display of glazed boxes containing ingredients of 56 different types of chocolate.
Also be sure to stop by the gift shop where you’ll find a dizzying array of gorgeously packaged souvenirs, all designed by Groovisions – the team of graphic designers behind the little dolls featured in our header.
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji