Steps by Kohdai Iwamoto | a bench that adapts to your growing family
“Steps” was designed by Kohdai Iwamoto, a member of the student design unit Design Soil. The bench adapts to the changing needs of a growing family by functioning as a desk when the cushioned stool is placed under the hole. As the child grows older, the stool can be inserted into the hole, creating a bench for parent and child. I love thoughtful designs like this that are made to last!
If you like this, you’ll most certainly enjoy Masanori Oji’s Baby in Table.
Design Soil is a collaborative design unit consisting of 14 student designers from Kobe Design University. The aim of the project is to experiment with different themes and challenge our notions of what ordinary design is. Earlier this year we covered the Kobe Design University’s 2012 graduation show. Go students!
Source: Design Soil website
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- te + te: New Handmade [curated by Spoon & Tamago]