Buchi | a new line of sustainable wooden toys
I’m loving this new line of wooden toys and furniture for kids. The natural wood and pastel colors really make you want to touch (and play!) with the pieces. Buchi – a play on the word “fuchi,” meaning rim in Japanese – was designed by Fumie Shibata, well-known for her work on the 9h Hotel and the Next Century Vending Machine. Shibata is a seasoned designer when it comes to electronics, but in this new line she demonstrates that her precise sensibilities can also translate to the warm and fuzziness of kids design.
Buchi is debuting at the For Stockists exhibition next week.
source: Buchi facebook page
Popular this week
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Kazuki Yamamoto takes latte art to the next frontier
- Coil by Akihisa Hirata | a house shaped like the letter S
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- 3D Printed Accessories by MONOCIRCUS
- Desktop gardening | ienami is a house shaped planter for your desk