Winners of the You Fab 2012 design contest
This 360-degree book is amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything quite like it. It’s a palm-sized book that tells a story in a very traditional way, but it also opens up like a fan, creating an entirely 3-dimensional world. It was designed by Yusuke Oono, a partner at Noiz Architects, who submitted the idea and won the You Fab 2012 design contest in the free-form category.
Earlier this year Fab Café (the previously-featured laser cutter cafe) sponsored a contest, inviting designers to submit laser cutter design ideas from around the world. An international panel of judges that included Klein Dytham Architecture, Mark Frauenfelder and Hiroya Tanaka, amongst others. You can check out all the winners here.
Interested in books? We have a whole category dedicated to them.
Popular this week
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji
- Yu Yamauchi spent 600 days on Mt. Fuji photographing sunrises
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Photographing the many faces of Mt. Fuji