Pleats Please 20th Anniversary Campaign by Taku Sato
2012 marked the 20th anniversary of Issey Miyake’s futuristic Pleats Please line: his collection of tightly pleated polyester dresses, tank tops, pants and scarves. Oh, and did I mention they were pleated?
To commemorate the success of the line, creative mastermind Taku Satoh (previously) created monthly ad campaigns that likened the fabric to scrumptious-looking food like whipped cream, wine and nutella. “I wanted to create a visceral reaction; something akin to ‘that looks delicious’ and ‘I want to wear that,’ said Sato, comparing our desire for food to that of fashion.
Trending this week
- Illustrations that you can touch by Masahiko Sato and Tatsuya Saito
- Optical Illusion Pen Cases Appear to be Three Dimensional
- 3D ice cubes let your scotch cool down in style
- The Cats of 19th Century Japan
- How a TV show inadvertently made a miraculous historic discovery
- Tokujin Yoshioka’s Gravity-Defying Agravic Table