Dad spends 7 years on incredibly detailed maze
unless otherwise noted, all images courtesy @Kya7y | click to enlarge
Some people have hobbies. Other people are obsessive. But when the two cross paths, this is what you get. Japanese twitter user @Kya7y recently unearthed an incredibly detailed maze that her father created almost 30 years ago. When pressed for details, the father explained that he spent 7 years creating the map on A1 size paper, which is about 33 x 23 inches.
Unsure what to do with the discovery, @Kya7y reached out on twitter but was quickly inundated with requests to receive copies. I wonder how long it would take to finish the maze?
[Update] People have been asking @Kya7y about her father. Everyone seems to want to know more about the man behind this amazing maze. This morning she wrote, “Where does my father work? At a public university!! In the athletic department!!! As a janitor.”
[Update 2] On March 1, 2013 the maze will go on sale here. It’s currently priced at 2,180 yen.
Popular this week
- The most gorgeous ad for funeral home services
- An installation of colorful masking tape | mt ex sendai
- Water Balance | a flower vase that lets you know when it’s out of water
- The Deep Sea Mystery Circle – a love story
- Botanical Blueprints by Makoto Murayama
- Trivia | 8 things you probably didn’t know about Mt. Fuji