Dad spends 7 years on incredibly detailed maze
unless otherwise noted, all images courtesy @Kya7y | click to enlarge
Some people have hobbies. Other people are obsessive. But when the two cross paths, this is what you get. Japanese twitter user @Kya7y recently unearthed an incredibly detailed maze that her father created almost 30 years ago. When pressed for details, the father explained that he spent 7 years creating the map on A1 size paper, which is about 33 x 23 inches.
Unsure what to do with the discovery, @Kya7y reached out on twitter but was quickly inundated with requests to receive copies. I wonder how long it would take to finish the maze?
[Update] People have been asking @Kya7y about her father. Everyone seems to want to know more about the man behind this amazing maze. This morning she wrote, “Where does my father work? At a public university!! In the athletic department!!! As a janitor.”
[Update 2] We have begun selling the maze on our e-shop. You can purchase a copy HERE.
Trending this week
- It’s not what it seems | painted food disguised to look like other food
- Residence of Daisen | A house designed to fit in between the gaps of trees
- Japanese Bento Boxes That Prioritize Artistic Value Over Taste
- A water bottle made to look like a soy sauce container
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Bird’s Eye View Maps by Cartographer Hatsusaburo Yoshida