Made by Hands | Tama Art University Ads by Kenjiro Sano
Creative Director and graphic designer extraordinaire Kenjiro Sano returns to his alma mater to create a stunning series of ads for Tama Art University (colloquially, Tamabi). “Made by Hands” are a collective series of close to 40 different prints that have been running in various magazines.
Each is done strictly in black & white and feature a hand in some form of activity, whether it’s shredding or pushing over dominos, that effects and distorts the name of the school. They’re eye-catching but also embody the type of creative, boundary-pushing thinking that art schools like to project. But then again, I would only expect this level of work from a man who puts a tunnel slide in his office.
Trending this week
- X-Ray Portraits of Couples by Saiko Kanda and Mayuka Hayashi
- UnBRELLA | the inverted umbrella is the latest innovation in rain protection
- Mirrored Infinity Room | Yayoi Kusama at David Zwirner
- Rough draft sketches turned into actual furniture by Daigo Fukawa
- Tatsuo Horiuchi | the 73-year old Excel spreadsheet artist
- Nudes Like You’ve Never Seen Before | Shinichi Maruyama at Bruce Silverstein